Collecting personal information (collectively "Personally Identifiable Information") about you is essential for us to be able to provide the products, services, and information that best meet the needs of both you and/or authorised third parties. We maintain a record of most of the information that you submit to AustralianWills.com. We will not trade, resell, rent or lease to third parties any personally identifiable information about you or about any message recipients or anybody you identify in the course of using any of the services we provide at AustralianWills.
The very nature of the services we perform for you can require that we collect sensitive personal information. For example, we may require you to specify assets in your Estate in order to create your Last Will and Testament. We use industry standard encryption algorithms for storing all of this sensitive personal information in a highly encrypted format on our server, and the design of AustralialWills.com ensures that this sensitive information is only made available to the specific people designated by you. More information regarding the security of your sensitive information is discussed later in the Security section.
Please rest assured that our Site shall only collect Personally Identifiable Information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of downloaded forms, guides, checklists and other such materials necessary to complete both your iWill/oziWill and the purchase of your iWill/oziWill. Also, please rest assured that this Site shall only collect from time to time, personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms and emails, etc. It is the intent of this Site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and for any additional uses specifically provided on this Site. An overview of the information we may collect as you go through our Site and associated processes is as follows:
- Contact Data: This is voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address.
- Financial Data: This is voluntarily provided information which may include your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code or bank account information. This may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Demographic Data: This is voluntarily provided information which may include your zip code and gender.
- Legal Data: This is voluntarily provided information which may include your social security number, mortgage information, retirement account information, automobile information, marital information, information on relevant third parties as necessary (e.g., Beneficiaries, Trustees, Executors, Guardians, etc) and other sensitive information necessary for AustralianWills to generate your Last Will and Testament (i.e., your iWill or oziWill).
- Traffic Data: Information automatically collected when you visit our Site, which may include; your IP address, the browser you are using, browser settings, usage of the Site, internet service provider (ISP) information, clickstream data, date/time stamps, which URL you used to utilise our Site, cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
- Anonymous Data: AustralianWills may have the occasion to collect anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion from time to time.
In a few areas on our Site we may, from time to time, ask you to provide information for us so that we may:
- Enhance your Site visit both now and in the future.
- Assist you with Customer Care or technical support matters.
- Determine whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials, and services available from the Site.
- Support your Customer relationship with us.
- Follow up with you after your visit to our Site.
You should know that it is completely optional for you to participate, but failure to participate may mean that you cannot access and use certain information, materials and services.
Finally, it is highly recommended that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
AustralianWills will collect, and may make use of, voluntarily provided Personally Identifiable Information from you with the primary intent of creating your iWill/oziWill or for providing you with guidance to create your own iWill/oziWill.
We use ‘contact data’ and ‘financial data’ solely to process Customer orders and, if any questions or issues should arise, to contact a Customer about his or her order. We share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of Customer orders. For example, in the normal course of doing business we or our affiliate may be required to contact the financial institution that issued a Customer's credit card and to provide shipping address information to the shipping carrier that delivers the Customer order. The Customer's contact information may also be used to contact them when necessary regarding their order. While we may collect Financial Data to process a Customer order as just noted, AustralianWills does not store any Customer credit card information on our Site, in our databases, or on our web servers.
AustralianWills may collect and may make use of some personal information from time to time to assist in the operation of our Site and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from AustralianWills. We may also contact you about completing surveys and/or research questionnaires for your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
AustralianWills may deem it necessary from time to time to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent to discern what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
AustralianWills may use Traffic Data to analyze our Site traffic, but this information is not examined for Personally Identifiable Information. We may also use Traffic Data to administer our Site, diagnose problems with our server/system, or display content according to your preferences. Traffic Data may also be shared with business partners, affiliates, or advertisers on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
AustralianWills may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
- Conform to any decrees, laws and/or statutes or to comply with any process that may be served upon AustralianWills and/or our Site;
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of AustralianWills; and
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of www.australianwills.com and/or the general public.
AustralianWills does not now nor will it in the future sell, rent or lease any of our Customer lists and/or names to any third parties, other than for the purposes stated herein.
Finally, AustralianWills uses this information for the sole purpose of administering its services to our Customers, and does not use such information for any other purpose.
We send promotional emails and newsletters from time to time to Customers who have registered on our Site and to those who have opted in to receive such emails. All Customers and/or visitors to our Site have the option to discontinue communications from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our Site, please send an email stating that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
You may choose not to provide AustralianWills with Personally Identifiable Information or you may turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. If you make these decisions, you may continue to use our Site and browse its pages. However, we cannot process Customer orders without Personally Identifiable Information.
Our Site uses state-of-the-art digital encryption and security technologies to protect the privacy and security of your information and has specific security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build ‘users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of personal information. Your online information sent to us is 100% protected via our 256-bit SSL certificate with RSA encryption.
Your credit card details are ONLY handled by our third party payment gateway provider and this is 2Checkout.com Their website is SSL secure and your personal details are safe. They self-certify their compliance with SAFEHARBOUR from the U.S. Department of Commerce. They are also compliant with the MastercardSecure and Verified-by-Visa programs. See their website at www.2checkout.com for more information. See their website at www.2checkout.com for more information.
Telephone Number (Platinum): +1 800 803 6578
Updated 28 July, 2015